Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Darkness to Light

Good morning Dearest Abba

It is a cold, stark and dreary morning. The sky is an icy blue and I am sitting here on a cold metal step, in front of a revamped container. The person that I confirmed my meeting with is not here and seems to be off sick for the day and nobody knows what to do about the work we have planned to do. Here I sit, my feet and nose has gone numb, around me are heaps of garbage, rejects and off casts of industry, waiting to be recycled and made new.

It is noisy, dirty, fumes in the air, gray and uninspiring. Everybody is in overalls and grimy from the work they do. Trucks are revving, cranes are creaking, metal are being banged and dropped. It is just so dead, so empty, so stark.

But in front of me there is a little oasis of beauty, a patch of well kept grass, with trees and shrubs, pots and an architecturally well designed building, bringing warmth and colour to the bleak surroundings. I sit here and suddenly I realised this is what You are to me.

You are my patch of beauty in this world of gloom and starkness. You are showing me that in the midst of all the garbage there is beauty. You are leading me out of the darkness into the light. You fill me with renewed energy and strength to take one step at a time towards renewal, towards love, joy, peace, patience, friendliness, goodness, gentleness, kindness, humbleness and self control through Your Amazing Grace.

God, what would I be if it was not for Your Grace?
God, what would I be if it was not for Your Love?
God, what would I be if it was not for Your Mercy?

God, where would I be today if it was not for Your presence in my life?
God, where would I be today if You do not hold tightly onto me?
So many times, so often I am ready to give in to the monsters crawling all over my mind and emotions.
So many times, so often I am ready to give up in the face of the forces of evil and darkness closing in on me.
So many times, so often I am on the verge of losing hope and even my faith.

But, You are my Rock, my Fortress, my Hope, my reason for getting up again and going on.
You are the reason I can continue every day
You are the reason I keep on believing in today and tomorrow
You are the reason I keep putting one foot in front of the other
You are the reason I keep on going.

You are the reason I do what I do and cling to a vision of being a patch of beauty and hope to others feeling the same way I do.
You are the reason I strive to be grace to the world around me, so that I can reflect Your unconditional grace and hope.
You are the reason why I have a burning desire to take others by the hand and help them take one step at a time out of the darkness into the light.

I can nothing without You my God.
I do not have the knowledge, insight, wisdom and power to do it on my own.
I do not have the energy or faith to do it on my own.
I do not have the ability to bring to fruit the vision, the dream, the passion on my own.

I bring You the cry of my heart and I lay it at Your feet Abba, in the name of Jesus Christ.
I bring You my weakness and powerlessness.
I cry to You to open the path before me and to lead me where You need me to be.

I cannot do this without You my God.
I cannot!
I cannot!
I cannot!

I can do this WITH You my God
I can!
I can!
I can!

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 4:6-7

Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path"

I love You Abba
Your Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment