Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Loving You Abba, flows over to so many areas

Hello again Daddy

Talking to You is so special and I just cannot get enough of it. How wonderful that You are just ALWAYS there for me, that You always listen and hear what I have to say, but even more wonderful is when I hear You in my heart and spirit and mind and soul.

This morning I was so excited for having finished reading our loveWord from Genesis to Revelation. This time I stuck to the reading plan and the time frame I have decided on and am so excited for having done it. Suddenly I just realised what the discipline in my time and devotion with you is doing to my life as a whole.

The discipline is flowing over into my whole being and mindset.
Planning and sticking to the plan is becoming part of everyday life.
The pleasure and value of spending time with you Daddy and achieving my goals are something I want to experience in every facet of my life now.

I just realised the value of self discipline in my time with you to teach me self discipline in all areas of my life. I just realised that the skills and values and norms and habits we form in our faith journey is directly being translated into our life journey as well.

Now I am angry at all those people that knows so well and tell us there is no value in "just" reading the Bible from one end to the other if we do not follow a specific teaching plan or spend time on verses etc. Yes I do realize that I cannot "just" read the Bible everyday, but if I have not followed my reading plan, I would never have experienced this joy of knowing for once in my life I have set a goal and followed through and achieved it. I would not have understood the value of self discipline like I do now. I would not have had this revelation about the direct link between my journey with you and my "normal" life journey. And then on top off it all, I have read every word of our loveLetter - every single word!! How awesome is that!!!

Daddy, thank You that You take us on roads we do not always even understand, but which You have a purpose with and from which we learn and grow so much. Thank You Daddy for what I have also learned about Your love for me, while I read over the last couple of months and thank You for fixing my heart in the process.

I am just so glad You are my Daddy.
Your daughter with new understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment