Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bride of the King

Dear Daddy

I have been thinking about being Your daughter and who You are as Dada for so long. The journey has been exciting, painful, humbling and worth every step of the road You have lead me on.
And then I thought it is now right to move from daughter to bride. I wanted to write about being not just daughter, but also bride, but I just could not get it down in writing. You kept on taking me on this journey of being with Jesus Christ and I kept on wondering WHY?

I know Jesus.
- He is the Son
- He is the Saviour
- He is the Intercessor
- He is sitting at Your right hand side on the throne
- He is the Bridegroom
- He is the one through whom we pray to You
- He is the new Covenant

Till I suddenly realised I did not really KNOW You King Jesus. You were all of these things, but my picture of You were limited and blurry. It was soft and young and romantic. You were the perfect older brother and the perfect bridegroom, but You were not the God King Brother and Bridegroom in my faith life.

I have made You so much less than who You really are.
I did not begin to understand that You are GOD, ALL POWERFUL, ALL MIGHTY, ALL KNOWING
I did not even begin to fathom that You are ageless, strong, powerful and King.
You are King over the heavens and earth.
You are King over all on the earth
You are in on the plan, not just part of the plan for the universe and earth and me.
You are not "just" the son. You are the SON!!!!
You are fully, totally, ultimately GOD.
You love ME with passion and vigour and tenaciousness.
You are not giving up on me. Not till the last moment of my time here on earth in my physical body are You letting go or giving up on me.
Your blood is covering me not just as my Saviour, but also as my Protector and my Rock and my Power and my Strength.

Jesus Christ Your name is above all names and I honour You as my King and as my Bridegroom.
Thank You for showing me who You are every day.
Thank You for opening my eyes to my own limited, shallow faith in You.
Thank You for never leaving nor forsaking me.
Thank You for an undying passion and love for me.
Thank You that you are walking with me step by step on this journey of discovery.
Thank You for turning me from self- centred to God- centred.

I do not just love You, but I have fallen IN love with You my King.

Daddy, thank You for taking me on this journey of deeper and deeper faith and understanding and wisdom and knowledge, but mostly thank You for making me EXPERIENCE Your love.

Your daughter and Your Bride

Psalm 45
To the Chief Musician; [set to the tune of] "Lilies" [probably a popular air. A Psalm] of the sons of Korah. A skillful song, or a didactic or reflective poem. A song of love.
1MY HEART overflows with a [a]goodly theme; I address my psalm to a King. My tongue is like the pen of a ready writer.
2You are fairer than the children of men; graciousness is poured upon Your lips; therefore God has blessed You forever.
3Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O mighty One, in Your glory and Your majesty!
4And in Your majesty ride on triumphantly for the cause of truth, humility, and righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God); and let Your right hand guide You to tremendous things.
5Your arrows are sharp; the peoples fall under You; Your darts pierce the hearts of the King's enemies.
6Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
7You love righteousness, uprightness, and right standing with God and hate wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows.
8Your garments are all fragrant with myrrh, aloes, and cassia; stringed instruments make You glad.
9Kings' daughters are among Your honorable women; at Your right hand stands the queen in gold of Ophir.
10Hear, O daughter, consider, submit, and consent to my instruction: forget also your own people and your father's house;
11So will the King desire your beauty; because He is your Lord, be submissive and reverence and honor Him.
12And, O daughter of Tyre, the richest of the people shall entreat your favor with a gift.
13The King's daughter in the inner part [of the palace] is all glorious; her clothing is inwrought with gold.
14She shall be brought to the King in raiment of needlework; with the virgins, her companions that follow her, she shall be brought to You.
15With gladness and rejoicing will they be brought; they will enter into the King's palace.
16Instead of Your fathers shall be Your sons, whom You will make princes in all the land.
17I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations; therefore shall the people praise and give You thanks forever and ever.

Footnotes:
a. Psalm 45:1 Jesus spoke of what was written of Him "in the Psalms" (see Luke 24:44). This is one such Messianic psalm. However, the capitalization indicating the deity is offered provisionally. The chapter is written against the background of a secular royal wedding. But the New Testament reference to this psalm in Heb. 1:8, 9, where verses 6 and 7 of Psalm 45 are quoted and applied to Christ, makes any other interpretation seem incidental in importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment