Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whirlwinds we get caught into

Goodday Abba

A friend send me this little prophesy and as I read, and then pondered on it, I realised this is true of all your children:

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns -- 1/13/11
I had a vision of a group of people with each one caught in a mini tornado or a whirlwind. Each whirlwind separated the people from one another, which created a sense of isolation loneliness. Then, I was reminded of the scripture verse in Hosea 8:7 "They sow the wind, reap the whirlwind." I realized that sowing the wind relates to being troubled, bitter, agitated, angry, impatient. When we see our trouble as greater than God's ability or willingness to bring solutions, we lack faith are not trusting Him. That wind will reap a whirlwind or bring a storm that we won't enjoy.
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper.

I realised that I do this all the time, I am angry and I keep on going over and over that conversation/ situation in my head, or I am bitter and I think about it all the time, or I am envious off somebody else and a whirlwind is going on in my mind about how unfair it is that I do not have the same fortune/ family/ friends/ job/ house/ ministry etc.

I am sorry Abba that I can get so caught up in a thought or feeling or situation that it takes over my mind and like the whirlwind it is constantly busy and going, but it is just going round and round and the longer it is doing so, the more destructive it becomes and the deeper the groove is made into my mind and attitude.

I read somewhere we only have 5-seconds to decide what to do with a thought before we do not have control over that thought or emotion with the same authority as in that 5-sec space of time and that the longer we allow the thought in our mind the more it controls US. Now suddenly your instruction in 2 Corinthians 10:5 makes more sense.


2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV)
Casting down imaginations, and every high things that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2 Corinthians 10:5;(New Living Translation)
We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5;(Amplified Bible)
In as much as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
2 Corinthians 10:5; (The Message)
The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.

Abba, I trust in You and Your Spirit to guide me in catching my thoughts and emotions in time so that I am less of a whirlwind and more of a gentle sweet breeze to those around me.

Your whirly twirly daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment